Ahepa is the only men's club that has supported the St. Andrew Greek Orthodox Church since it was established in 1926. It has approximately 75-80 active members, some of whom have been members for over 50 years. To become a member, an individual must believe in the divinity of Jesus Christ and accept to perform the duties required by the laws and traditions of Ahepa. The membership dues are $50 per year with a $25 initiation fee. Meetings are held in the Church hall at 6 p.m. Sundays. As a member, you will receive a copy of the Ahepan magazine quarterly and a local chapter bulletin approximately 9 times a year or every time a meeting is normally is held (usually the second Sunday of the month or as notified by the secretary).
Current programs locally are as follows:
- Prometheus Fund for the needy
- Scholarship Fund issued once a year for worthy students of our area
- Ahepa Housing for low income senior citizens project
- Christmas Party annually open to members of Ahepa and Church community
- Speaker Program takes place at the start of each meeting on some interesting topics
- Participation in District #12 conventions held in June of each year. This year our South Bend chapter will be hosting on June 23 and 24.
- Participation in National Conventions. This year's to be held in Puerto Rico, July 22-28, 2001.
- Support all National Programs and projects from the local level.